Located at the Forks, The Canada Games Festival will be the central hub for spectators, athletes, visitors and Winnipeggers throughout the Games from July 29 – August 12, 2017. It will be a platform to foster a broadly inclusive, nation-building experience to celebrate the half-century milestone of the Canada Games and pay tribute to Canada’s 150th. The Festival will be free, easily accessible, open to the public and licensed. Each day will incorporate family friendly activities and include an array of music, performing arts, culture and displays from across Canada sublimated by sponsor activations. The site has the potential to serve as a platform to recognize Canada Games athletes. Each night will be capped off by a firework display.
The Canada Games Festival at the Forks is free to the public and open 11 days over a 2 week period. It is expected that 5000 – 8000 people will attend daily, dependent on the day of the week and the artists performing.
NUMBER OF VENDORS:
At present, it is estimated that only 6 – 8 food vendors will be allowed on site during the event.
HOURS/DATES OF OPERATION:
- July 28th: Move in
- July 29 & 30, 2017 - Festival 4:30pm – 10:30pm
- July 31 & August 1 - Site Closed
- August 2 - 7, 2017 Festival 4:30pm – 10:30pm (Aug 7th has 2:00pm start for the holiday)
- August 8 & August 9 - Site Closed
- August 10 - 12, Festival 4:30pm – 10:30pm
- August 12 after show - move out (site must be clear by end of day Aug 13)
FOOD VENDOR FEE
For full two week:
Once Vendors have been situated on the grounds in their designated areas, vendors must agree to not move or alter their food trucks or carts for the duration of the event (July 29 – August 12, 2017). Please contact the Site Managers for any special requirements.
LOAD IN/LOAD OUT/ SET-UP
- Vendors can unload/load-in at The Inn at the Forks hotel parking area or on the West side by the skateboard park.
- Set up time will be provided at a later date. There is absolutely NO driving on The Forks Property (Gravel or Grass). You may be fined by The Forks Renewal Corporation $100.00 + repair costs if you are found liable for site damage.
- All trucks will receive a pre-determined location in the Food Truck and Picnic Area. Food trucks are responsible for supplying plywood to fit underneath tires in an effort of ensure no damage occurs to the grounds.
Power cords leading to the power source must be covered for safety reasons. Coverage includes cord covers, and rubber mats.
Canada Games site is fenced and will have security during the event as well as overnight, however you are responsible for securing valuables inside your unit or off-site each night.
All approved participating food vendors must submit current Province of Manitoba and City of Winnipeg inspection certificates and adhere to safe food handling practices throughout the event.
Please fill out the form below.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 31, 2017.